26 February 2008

What Color are Libertarians?

In the comments on a prior post jamesk suggest blue states and red states could pair off to do proportional representation of U.S. Representatives. It's a lovely idea, and wholly constitutionally acceptable. But, I noted, the blues and reds won't do it because it would help the greens. And, I added, "the libertarians, whatever color they are."

Libertarians ought to be green, perhaps, the color of money, but that's already taken. So here's my new poll: what color should the libertarians be?

6 comments:

Johanna Hanley said...

Grey doesn't work because Libertarians aren't uptight enough to lack a sense of humor.

Gold is a precious metal and there are precious few Libertarians out there

Rainbow is already taken and far too flashy

White - well that would be the majority of Libertarians so I guess that outta work.

Scott Hanley said...

Any f^@%ing color they want to be. They're Libertarians!

Anonymous said...

I voted for rainbow, but not for the gay rights angle.

Since any group of libertarians will have vast array of different poinions about different issues, a rainbow seems like the the perfect symbol.

If it wasn't for the unformtunate historical connotations, I would go with black, simply because it stands out.

James Hanley said...

"Any f^@%ing color they want to be. They're Libertarians!"

Hey! Who sed yu cld use profannity on my blog! I is gon t bann u!

(I swear--every curse word I know I learned from him. He is a bad bad influence, and should never be out in public. Under no circumstances should you click on his name and check out his blog!)

Anonymous said...

I would vote pink, and not for the reason which first springs to mind. Pink is for the rosy frame through which they view capitalism.

James Hanley said...

dalai_lala

Thanks for the comment. I'm sorry I didn't have pink as one of the choices. I was teaching survey research to my methods class yesterday and pointing out that survey software like this creates certain limits to volunteered answers.